PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The PASS volunteer will help DPA’s PASS program for either the email/phone program or the on-site program at Dallas Animal Services. The PASS program is a priority initiative of DPA as we work with Dallas Animal Services and the city of Dallas to help reduce the number of animals surrendered to the shelter by counseling pet owners on options such as low-cost vet care and training resources.
Salary / Pay Rate: Volunteer
TIME COMMITMENT: 2-4 hours per week.
Responding to PASS emails and phone messages.
Ensure that everyone who contacts the PASS line receives a response.
Ensure that all communications are tracked.
Assist citizens with Dallas Animal Services by offering resources to prevent surrenders.
Must be at least 18 years old.
Should have basic knowledge of Google drive and documents.
Must be local to DFW if volunteering at DAS, can be virtual if assisting on the PASS-line.
Must attending PASS online training before volunteering at DAS.
Strong communication skills and professionalism.
Compassion for individuals considering surrender of their pet.
Experience in rescue is helpful.
Bilingual language ability helpful but not required.
Willingness to save lives!
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2-4 hours a week
- Feral Cat Colony Manager
- Animal Assistance Partner...
- Medical Coordinator - Virtual...
- Shelter Customer Service Volunteer
- Adoptline Volunteer
- On-Line Customer Service Volunteer
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Compassionate and Experienced...
- Foster/medical administrator
- Adoption Hotline Voicemail...
- Rescue Partner Medical Coordinator
- Landlord and Vet Check Volunteer
- Graphic Designer
- Vet Approval Admin
- Public Relations Volunteer
- Grant Writer
- Social Media Calendar Project...
- Animal Data Admin
- Social Media Intern
- Foster Parent Representative