Welcome to the The SS Red Oak Victory! First and last impressions mean so much! We need greeters to provide that vital first handshake to visitors who have come to tour our WWII Victory ship!
The SS ROV is in the Richmond shipyard and on the Bay. Greeters work outside with an amazing view of the Bay from Richmond to Tiburon, Angel Island, the Golden Gate Bridge, the City, Oakland and Albany! This is a great opportunity for birders too as we have Ospray which are nesting right next to the ship - you can see their nest, watch them fly and hear their calls! Greeters would provide visitors with a friendly face, sign them in, take payments and answer their questions and introduce them to our tour guides.
The position of Greeter requires that the volunteer to be outside on the ship’s quarterdeck and be comfortable standing for some portions of the shift. The Greeter should enjoy working with people and display a working knowledge of the ship and its history in order to answer questions asked by the visitors. Training will be provided. The work schedule can be flexible based on the volunteer’s availability. Join us!
The SS Red Oak Victory is a 403(c)b non-profit run entirely by volunteers like you! We are a ship with a past and a future! The mission of the SS Red Oak Victory is to relay the stories of those who built her, navigated her, her missions and to promote and develop her relevance to Richmond, the State of California and the Unites States and the world today. Our goals are to build and sustain a strong base of returning visitors, a supporting infrastructure of volunteers and an active location for education and community. Please see our website www.redoakvictory.us a nd our Facebook page.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, ship hours Tue, Thu, Sat, Sun 10 - 4
- Docent on the SS Red Oak Victory
- Information Technology Technician
- Welder on a historic ship!
- Help your community history...
- Public Programs Volunteer
- Help us keep our Museum beautiful!
- Please draw/paint an image of...
- Painter on the SS Red Oak Victory!
- Carpenter for Local History Museum
- Pancake Breakfast Lead on the SS...
- Volunteer Recruiting On The SS...
- Deck Department On The SS Red...
- Electrician on SS Red Oak Victory
- Greeter on SS Red Oak Victory
- Help our community museum...
- Rose Garden Crew
- Retail Lead
- Steward on SS Red Oak Victory
- Event Coordinator on the SS Red...
- Local History Museum Marketing...