Welcome to the The SS Red Oak Victory! First and last impressions mean so much! We need greeters to provide that vital first handshake to visitors who have come to tour our WWII Victory ship! The SS ROV is in the Richmond shipyard and on the Bay. Greeters work outside with an amazing view of the Bay from Richmond to Tiburon, Angel Island, the Golden Gate Bridge, the City, Oakland and Albany! This is a great opportunity for birders too as we have Ospray which are nesting right next to the ship - you can see their nest, watch them fly and hear their calls! You would provide them with a friendly face, sign them in, take payments and answer their questions and introduce them to our tour guides.
The position of Greeter requires that the person be outside on the ship’s quarterdeck and be comfortable standing for a majority of the shift. The Greeter should enjoy working with people and display a working knowledge of the ship and its history in order to answer questions asked by the visitors. Training will be provided. The work schedule can be flexible based on the volunteer’s availability. Join us! Please contact email@example.com
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, ship hours Tue, Thu, Sat, Sun 10 - 4
- Docent on the SS Red Oak Victory
- Discover Mysteries in the Museum!
- Information Technology Technician
- Help your community history...
- Public Programs Volunteer
- Help us keep our Museum beautiful!
- Costume & Textile Collection...
- Help us implement a Day of the...
- Marketing Positions for SS Red...
- Photography Collection Volunteer
- Carpenter for Local History Museum
- Volunteer Recruiting On The SS...
- Deck Department On The SS Red...
- Electrician on SS Red Oak Victory
- Greeter on SS Red Oak Victory
- Help our community museum...
- Rose Garden Crew
- Steward on SS Red Oak Victory
- Local History Museum Marketing...
- Administrative Assistant