A Greeter’s responsibilities are to welcome and sign in visitors as they board the ship, explain the various tour options and boarding fees and collect those fees. The position of Greeter requires that the person be outside on the ship’s quarterdeck and remain standing during the period of duty (i.e., no desk is available). The Greeter should enjoy working with people and display a working knowledge of the ship and its history in order to answer questions asked by the visitors. Training will be provided. The work schedule can be flexible based on the volunteer’s availability.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, ship hours Tue, Thu, Sat, Sun 10 - 4
- Visitor Docent On the SS Red Oak...
- Discover Mysteries in the Museum!
- Information Technology Technician
- Help your community history...
- Richmond Museum of History...
- Help us keep our Museum beautiful!
- Costume & Textile Collection...
- Photography Collection Volunteer
- Carpenter for Local History Museum
- Volunteer Recruiting On The SS...
- Deck Department On The SS Red...
- Electrician on SS Red Oak Victory
- Greeter on SS Red Oak Victory
- Architectural Historian
- Help our community museum...
- Rose Garden Crew
- Steward on SS Red Oak Victory
- Public history research in local...
- Local History Museum Marketing...
- Administrative Assistant