Physically fit, able to lift and move heavy and bulky objects and equipment, able to climb ladders and stairs. Not afraid of heights, confined and dark spaces or being near large bodies of water. Enjoys the outdoors in all weather.
Interested in understanding, preserving, maintaining and operating ship’s mechanical lifting equipment and in maintaining ship’s safety equipment.
Interested in learning and training with ship’s firefighting equipment and in training with crew to handle emergency events while on the ship. These include Man Over-board, Fire Fighting, and to safely Evacuate Visitors from ship.
Able to drive a forklift or interested in learning how to operate a lift truck safely. Learning to prepare, restore and paint the ship’s metal surfaces and equipment. Chip surfaces with chipping hammers, air-powered needle guns and scraping tools. We are also looking for welders.
Able to work around Hazardous Materials. These include the safe handling in the disposal of lead paint, asbestos materials and various chemicals.
Able or interested in working with a wide range of hand tools.
Please contact email@example.com!
- Mechanical Engineering
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible; ship hours Tue, Thu, Sat, Sun 7 to 4
- Docent on the SS Red Oak Victory
- Discover Mysteries in the Museum!
- Information Technology Technician
- Help your community history...
- Help us keep our Museum beautiful!
- Costume & Textile Collection...
- Public Programs Volunteer
- Marketing Positions for SS Red...
- Photography Collection Volunteer
- Carpenter for Local History Museum
- Volunteer Recruiting On The SS...
- Deck Department On The SS Red...
- Greeter on SS Red Oak Victory
- Help our community museum...
- Steward on SS Red Oak Victory
- Administrative Assistant
- Graphic Designer needed to make...
- Exhibit Installation Technician
- Video Producer for The SS Red...
- Docent, Public Programs &...