This is a very interesting, detail-oriented position. It gives one the opportunity to always be on the look-out for potential volunteers. Potential volunteers may be our regular visitors touring the ship, guests who come for a particular function, or reaching out to various groups or businesses in near-by communities to make them aware of our volunteer opportunities.
Some of our main resources are our crew members themselves. As they are out in the community with Red Oak Victory logos on their hats or jackets, they have the perfect opportunity to recruit potential volunteers. A handy Red Oak Victory business card is a plus,.There is a lot of follow-up necessary in the recruitment of volunteers. Unlike a paid position, we must work around various planned trips, family obligations, long vacations, and limited available hours. We always try and match up a potential volunteer’s skill levels and interests with the appropriate ship’s department.
- Resource Development / Management
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible; ship hours Tue, Thu, Sat, Sun 10 to 4
- Visitor Docent On the SS Red Oak...
- Discover Mysteries in the Museum!
- Information Technology Technician
- Help your community history...
- Richmond Museum of History...
- Help us keep our Museum beautiful!
- Carpenter for Local History Museum
- Volunteer Recruiting On The SS...
- Deck Department On The SS Red...
- Electrician on SS Red Oak Victory
- Greeter on SS Red Oak Victory
- Architectural Historian
- Help our community museum...
- Rose Garden Crew
- Steward on SS Red Oak Victory
- Public history research in local...
- Local History Museum Marketing...
- Administrative Assistant
- Graphic Designer needed to make...
- Docent, Public Programs &...