Grantwriter and Fundraiser Needed for Domestic Violence Program
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
We run a program to help victims of domestic violence escape their abusive situation. To do this, we provide information, resources, and tools to individuals, shelters, and advocacy groups. Some of the things we provide are:
- Secure thumb drives pre-loaded with a different operating system, so the person won't get caught searching for shelters or communicating with their support system (it happens a lot)
- Security plans for both public and hidden shelters
- Security guidance and upgrade packages
- Awareness material
- And more
Everything we do is free for those that need it. We don't charge them for anything we create. We don't charge them to send things to them. We don't want anything except to help the people leave their situation.
To do all this, we need funding. We do qualify for different public and private grants, and of course there are other fund-raising opportunities that we probably haven't considered. But whatever the source, we need funding to continue doing what we do.
About Operation: Safe Escape
By some reports, 85% of domestic violence homicides occur after the victim has decided to leave their abuser. This is a dangerous time, and fortunately many resources exist to keep them safe.
What's missing, unfortunately, is the security layer. That is, how to properly apply Operations Security (OPSEC) to hide the victim's intent to leave. That would keep a lot of people safe and help reduce that number.
Operation: Safe Escape teaches shelters and victims how to identify the behaviors and actions that would tip off the abuser to the fact that they're trying to leave and help reduce the risk until they're safely away.
The Operations Security Professional's Association (OSPA) is a 501c3 non-profit organization that provides security awareness and training to a diverse audience that includes schools, government / military, domestic violence centers, private sector entities and more.
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Please have experience with grantwriting or fundraising
- Online course developer...
- Social Media Manager
- Help draft a law in Maryland to...
- Put your creativity to good use!...
- Wanted: Domestic Violence...
- Online Course Developers Needed
- Setup a the moodle theme for an...
- Outreach to Domestic Violence...
- Grantwriter and Fundraiser...
- Create a short online course for...