Become a mentor, teacher and counselor and customer service provider to a specific group of Scouts or Explorers and their adult volunteer leaders as they prepare young boys and girls to be our next generation of leaders.
Scouting background is NOT REQUIRED. Training is provided. A fast-track learner will excell!
Service Commissioners do the following:
1. Maintain a good relationship with the leaders of their assigned Scout group(s), contacting them no less than every other month.
2. Recognize and praise volunteer leaders for their excellence with youth.
3. Recognize red flags or symptoms of problems and coach/mentor the group through their situation.
4. Offer encouragement and support to the Scout or Explorer group.
5. Mentor/coach leaders on continuous improvement.6. Help groups ensure they have good quantity and quality of leaders.
7. Attend monthly Service Commissioner meetings to discuss successes and challenges of your designated groups and receive continuous training and inspiration for your role.
8. Use the BSA online system to enter evealuations and notes about interactions with assigned Scout groups.
9. Register as an adult member of the Boy Scouts of America or Learning for Life and complete mandatory Youth Protection training.
Boy Scout and Exploring programs grow today's youth into tomorrow's leaders, preparing them for life. Professional support is available for all volunteers to help you be successful in your chosen volunteer role. Boy Scout Organizations are volunteer-led, professionaly guided.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 2 to 5 hours per month (varies)
- All volunteers must take mandatory Youth Protection Training and submit to a background check.