Walk MS Louisville
WhenSat May 20, 2017, 10:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Where3005 River Rd, Louisville, KY 40207Louisville, KY 40207
The success of Walk MS depends on volunteers like you! Each volunteer's contribution, large or small, is critical to the success of Walk MS. We welcome volunteers with a wide range of talents and skills. There is only one requirement: a desire to end MS now!
Groups and individuals of all ages and abilities are invited to volunteer. We are always looking for youth clubs, corporate, and service-oriented community groups to lend a hand before, during, and after Walk MS.
Friday May 19, 2017
Lead: 10AM -1PM|
1PM - 5PM
(you pick the time that works best for you)
Jobs may involve unloading and distributing supplies, setting up tables and chairs, and hanging banners and signage. It will involve a great deal of lifting and walking. Need about 20 volunteers.
Saturday May 20, 2017
Walk MS City Hall (formerly the registration tent)
Registration volunteers greet and check-in walkers, collect pledge envelopes, distribute t-shirts and provide general event information to walkers checking in. Registration volunteers will be trained on the specific process at mandatory training sessions the morning of the event. If you belong to a civic organization, school club, church group etc... We would love to have you join us! We have a lot of fun and could use a lot of people.
- Photo Journalist: photographs, edits, and displays images in order to tell a visual story. They are journalistic professionals that are skilled at interpreting and communicating an event through a photograph(s). Photos at start, finish, along the route, at rest stops and within the city walls.
- Portraits: Pictures of individuals and/or teams at the Red Carpet Area
- Paparazzi: Photographers who take pictures of top fundraisers in their estate village, Walk MS members entering Cathie’s Crue Boulevard, entertainers, politicians, and other celebrities, typically while going about their usual life routines.
Kids Zone & Extra Special Stuff
- Comedians, face-painters, balloon artists etc.... Help us make this day super awesome and fun for everyone!
- Responsible AND FUN adults needed to help supervise the bounce houses and ensure everyone is having a great time!
- Work concessions including cotton candy and popcorn to help raise some additional funds!
- (need about 5 - 10 volunteers)
Mayor’s Office (formally known as the chapter tent)
- Give participants brochures and information about the National MS Society that may include our wellness, scholarship, and "free from falls" program
- This is where participants will drop off their "passports"
- Receive their ticket to vote for Best Team Tent (voting will take place at the individual tents)
- Vote for Best Team Name
- This is where Team Captains will receive their jar to vote for Best Team Tent
- (need about 5-7 volunteers)
Society Gift Shop (formerly the merchandise tent)
This can be a busy and fun area to work. Some of the jobs are:
- Helping participants with their, "I Walk for" bibs
- Selling National MS Society and Walk MS merchandise
- Giving those who have MS their green "Living with MS" tee shirt
- (need about 3 - 5 volunteers)
Finish Line Celebration
Arrive: 10AM (know any cheer squads??!!)
Let's party! This is the time for celebration! Finish Line volunteers will cheer walkers across the finish line and celebrate with walkers as they return! Need as many volunteers as possible!
We need approximately 25-30 volunteers to help us with lifting, taking down banners, carrying supplies to our truck, picking up garbage (we want to make sure we leave it cleaner than we found it).
Rest Stop Crew
Serve water at a rest stop along the route as well as celebrate with participants as they complete the Walk. Qualifications: A friendly face, energy and enthusiasm. Each rest stop needs about 10 volunteers.
Arrive: 9AM - 2PM
Empty trash cans and recycling receptacles throughout the event - Qualifications: Some lifting and willingness to get a little sticky. Need about 5 - 10 volunteers
Top Team "Estate" Neighborhood
A team of volunteers (about 5 - 7) who will ensure our top five teams:
- Are greeted
- Shown their VIP parking
- Have all their questions answered on-site
- Help them settle in
- Do you they any water?
- Do they have any questions as to where things are located? Etc.
- Decorate their private porta potties- Including outside and inside fake and/or real flowers, Inside mirror, Inside pictures (picture with a matte taped inside, Air fresheners, Super nice toilet paper, Poster board signs
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment