As a Research Analyst Intern at I-DEV’s Global headquarters, you will:
- Conduct research related to I-DEV’s work, e.g. for next thought leadership reports, likely in clean energy, innovative financing models and BoP supply chains
- Support SF team in managing global databases
- Assist in the creation of content to share findings and promote I-DEV’s work, including workshops, Medium articles, etc.
The ideal candidate is a current senior in college, recent graduate or masters student. Most work can be done remotely with video, ideally with bi-weekly in person check-ins with team.
This internship is a good opportunity to gain a broad understanding of the ecosystem, while building work experience with a leading international firm in the sector.
Qualifications & Selection Criteria
At I-DEV, we seek to hire and train the next emerging markets and global leaders focused on high-impact business solutions, and to share critical insights developed through our work. We seek world travelers, adventurers and game changers who believe anything is possible and that we can make it happen. Our teams are lean, yet not afraid to go above and beyond or get our hands dirty to uncover the best solutions for our clients.
Core qualifications for Interns:
- Strong critical thinking skills, and ability to think out-of-the-box to develop innovative solutions; structure problems logically and then design and implement solutions that focus on the core issues
- Comfort working independently and in an entrepreneurial, start up environment
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Previous experience and comfort with client-facing interactions, such as compiling and presenting recommendations in PowerPoint and/or leading client meetings
- Strong history of team collaboration and effective internal/external communications
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Availability to meet in-person at the San Francisco office
- Professional fluency and ability to conduct research in Spanish a plus
You may be a perfect fit, if these also describe you...
- Independent, proactive and comfortable asking the hard questions
- Creative in identifying cost-effective solutions to any challenge
- Adventurous, open-minded and ready to learn
- Humble in collaboration and bold in ideas and brainstorms
- Passionate about problem solving and emerging markets development
- Believe that businesses- social enterprise or not- can create powerful change in emerging markets, and that long-term financial stability and growth of any business is a critical first step to creating meaningful social and environmental impact
How to Apply
If this sounds like a good fit, please send your CV and responses to the following application questions:
- Why are you a good fit for I-DEV, and how did you learn about this opportunity? What are examples of how your experience, interests and personality make you a strong candidate? (Max. 200 words)
- What are the unique opportunities you see in Sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America? What are 2-3 interesting initiatives, programs, investments or trends you are excited about? Why are you excited and what do you believe could be the long-term potential? This question is designed to test your big picture thinking and general understanding of the sector, so go ahead and be creative and specific with your answer (Max. 200 words)
- If we were to speak with your colleagues and previous supervisors, what are 3 words they'd use to describe you? What are 1-2 examples of how you leveraged these traits or strengths to create value for you or something important? (Max. 200 words)
Responses should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Title: "Research Analyst Intern (Global) 2017"
The rolling application process begins immediately .
- Database Administration
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Critical Thinking
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Four (4) Month Minimum with Option to Extend, 3-5