Match your skillswith Salvadoran businesses that need your insight. We briefyou on the pre-selected business owners we are assisting, and what you can accomplish by working with them virtually and at their place of business.
Make an impact. Help talented entrepreneurs in El Salvador strengthen and grow their businesses to provide more jobs for troubled communities.
Volunteer. Provide your skills as a volunteer mentor and pro bono consultant. Bpeace pays for your 4-star Salvadoran hotel; you pay for your airfare.
Leave the logistics to us. Bpeace HQ in New York and our staff in Central America facilitate your volunteer engagement from start to finish.
Share What You Know with Others, and Make a Difference! Put your change management experience to work changing lives.
The award-winning nonprofit Bpeace seeks an experienced change management expert with at least ten years’ experience to TRAVEL to El Salvador and consult with a firm that that provides multidisciplinary engineering and design services for industrial plants, large scale infrastructure and buildings. The firm is a participant in Bpeace’s18-month enterprise development program during which time they implement two Growth Projects to tackle barriers to growth, strengthen ongoing operations, or meet a growth opportunity. The firm wants to improve their organization structure and productivity and implement an effective communication strategy to promote engagement and collaboration. The firm is planning a management transition.
What you will be doing
- Travel to El Salvador for one week to work with two Fast Runner firms.
- Discovery. Prior to trip, review background information on each Fast Runner firm including a business profile, SWOT analysis, the firm’s mission and growth vision, website and other marketing materials.
- Consult. In El Salvador, work with members of the leadership team to assess organizational objectives, current operational processes, identify areas of the business that require modifications and improvements.
- Mentor. Virtually coach and guide Fast Runners as the company implements the changes.
About the Business
The firm is a family owned business and leading provider of multidisciplinary engineering and design services for industrial plants, large scale infrastructure and buildings. The firm also specializes in BIM, CAD, 3D and 2D modeling services. They have an impressive team of skilled professionals, specialized in multidisciplinary engineering fields that include civil, geotechnical, structural, electrical and mechanicalengineering.
Where and When
- Start working virtually by phone, email, Skype or GotoMeeting.
- Flexible dates. Travel to San Salvador for one week in second quarter 2017.
- Estimated work time: two days prep, six days in El Salvador, and approximately two hours a month posttrip for up to three months.
Skills and Experience Needed
- 10+ years of experience in Change Management.
- Experience with small and medium businesses preferred.
- Experience guiding entrepreneurs in understanding organizational values.
- Proven level of cultural competence; experience working in the developing world preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills. Sense of humor.
- Flexibility; able to work where there is ambiguity and uncertainty.
If you are interested in this position or would like additional information, please contact Alexandra Salas at email@example.com
- Organization Design
- Group Facilitation
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- two days prep, six days in El Salvador