Position description: Community Outreach Ambassador
Reports to: Community Engagement Coordinator and Adult Day Services Service Coordinator
Term: 2-5 hours per week
Benefits: Lunch provided daily
Closes: Open until position filled
Neighborhood House Mission: To provide quality, affordable day care and support services to children and adults based on their ability to pay.
Overview: The role of the Community Outreach Ambassador is to support the Community Engagement Coordinator and Adult Day Services Service Coordinator in representing Neighborhood House Adult Day Center at community events and organizations.
- Attend community outreach events and represent Neighborhood House Adult Day Services.
- Visit with several different types of other community programs such as: local churches, universities, senior centers, and local senior health service centers to promote Neighborhood House Adult Day Services.
- Assist in facilitating new relationships with organizations in the community that also provide services for aging or disabled adults.
- Aid in the development and distribution of outreach materials and information through a variety of media including physical events, print materials, email campaigns, and social media.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing communicator with excellent writing and verbal skills.
- Energetic personality with ability to communicate with diverse populations through a variety of media.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional weekends and evenings, in order to attend
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Work independently and effectively in multiple site settings.
- Spanish language skills beneficial.
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-5 hours per week