English Club facilitator- help adults practice English
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WherePima Community CollegeTucson, AZ 85709
Facilitate an English conversation club for adult English language learners
- Run a weekly 1.5 hour long English conversation club once a week for intermediate and advanced English learners.
- Prepare activities and materials in advance.
- Speak one to one and in small groups to participants.
- Practice real-life scenarios, job interviewing skills, pronunciation and context.
- Manage and turn in sign-in sheet
- Be an active participant in the English club team to include responding to communications, attending team meetings and trainings/in-services
- Excellent oral communications skills and command of the English language
- Willing to work with diverse students of mixed abilities, learner levels, background and cultures
- High degree of initiative and creativity
- Good person-to-person skills
- Flexible, open-minded and willing to learn
- Previous experience as a tutor is desirable but not required
- Specialized orientation and training, ongoing support from Volunteer Coordinator
- Materials and resources available
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5 hours weekly for ongoing, ten week sessions