Dr. Barbara Reuer, an internationally-recognized leader in music therapy, founded Resounding Joy in 2004 and has guided the organization’s growth from a group of volunteers with a closet of instruments to San Diego's primary nonprofit provider of music therapy. Resounding Joy provides music therapy to the community through four programs designed for underserved populations: Semper Sound, Mindful Music, Sound Minds, and Healing Notes.
- Semper Sound is devoted to working directly with service members and veterans with combat-related stress and trauma.
- Mindful Music trains volunteers to use recreational and supportive music with seniors of all abilities.
- Sound Minds facilitates weekly sessions at high school infant centers, providing teen parents an opportunity to reconnect with their children during the school day.
- Healing Notes provides free music therapy to improve medical outcomes and quality of life for children struggling with severe or life-limiting diagnoses.
During 2016, Resounding Joy’s team of board-certified music therapists will reach over 1,500 individuals (7,000 contacts). An additional 2,000 individuals will benefit from volunteer-led supportive or recreational music. In alignment with its mission, the vast majority of Resounding Joy's services will be provided free of charge.
Collect outreach data, coordinate placements with therapists, ensure paperwork is completed, recruit new volunteers online.
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 15 Hours a month