6 people are interested
Dr. Barbara Reuer, an internationally-recognized leader in music therapy, founded Resounding Joy in 2004 and has guided the organization’s growth from a group of volunteers with a closet of instruments to San Diego's primary nonprofit provider of music therapy. Resounding Joy provides music therapy to the community through four programs designed for underserved populations: Semper Sound, Mindful Music, Sound Minds, and Healing Notes.
- Semper Sound is devoted to working directly with service members and veterans with combat-related stress and trauma.
- Mindful Music trains volunteers to use recreational and supportive music with seniors of all abilities.
- Sound Minds facilitates weekly sessions at high school infant centers, providing teen parents an opportunity to reconnect with their children during the school day.
- Healing Notes provides free music therapy to improve medical outcomes and quality of life for children struggling with severe or life-limiting diagnoses.
During 2016, Resounding Joy’s team of board-certified music therapists reached over 1,500 individuals (7,000 contacts). An additional 2,000 individuals will benefit from volunteer-led supportive or recreational music. In alignment with its mission, the vast majority of Resounding Joy's services will be provided free of charge.
Draft grants, research prospects
Skills: English, computer, internet search
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 12 Hours a month