Kitty Help at Petco
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
34 people are interested
Cat Lover? We need some very part-time volunteers to spend a little time with our cats/kitties until they find a home. The opportunity is at Petco Oceanside! You are welcome to come meet the kitties anytime.
1 animal is euthanized in the U.S. every 16 seconds, 4 million annually (Humane Society of US).
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." The Dalai Lama
- Animal Handling -- Petting and Brushing
- Animal Therapy -- Socializing and Bonding with our cats/kitties. Giving the kitties love, giving a comforting lap to lay in, playing and talking to them.
- Animal Care -- Cleaning out their pens and litter box scooping. Providing food and fresh water.
Length of term:
One month minimum commitment.
Morning or evening shifts -- Each shift is typically a minimum of 1/2 hour.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Be able to handle cats of varying weights and sizes
- Extremely reliable, especially with sticking to your scheduled shift
- Physical strength and agility: able to climb up and down on a small ladder, reaching back of cage to clean
- Knowledge of cats and their behaviors
- Patience - since some cats are more difficult than others
- Strong work ethics
- Please complete our Volunteer Application (takes less than 2 minutes) on our website -- click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue" link in the upper left hand corner to get our website address.
- Please click on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of the page and
- Include in your comments:
- Total # of Hours you can volunteer per week
- The AM or PM shift(s) per week you are available to help at Petco - day of the week & time slot
- If you are at least 21 years old
- Yes/No if you completed our on-line application
- Any questions
RHR’s website - In the upper left hand corner of this page click on the "Ruff House Rescue" link. Click on the "More Information" tab and the website address is located to the right under "Website".
UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT:
See our "Junior Volunteer" positions
YES Letter provided! Some other ideas -- a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Start a "RHR Dog Rescue Club" and help our mission (with Baked Goods Sales, Monies/Pennies for RHR Fundraiser, or Wear Jeans or PJs for A Day) or a Garage |Tag Sale at your school | church |community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "Exercise + ResQWalk" or "Exercise + Wooftrax" volunteer opportunities where your time and distance exercised is recorded on the cell phone application.
MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
PLEASE see below.
Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
We'll work with your schedule.
2824 Long Beach RoadPetcoOceanside, NY 11572
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21