Kitty Help at Oceanside Petco
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
39 people are interested
Are you a cat lover? We need some part-time volunteers to spend a little time with our cats/kitties until they find a home. The opportunity is located at Petco Oceanside! You are welcome to come meet the kitties anytime.
- Animal Handling - Petting and brushing
- Animal Therapy - Socializing and bonding with our cats/kitties, giving them love and a comforting lap to lie in, playing and talking to them
- Animal Care - Cleaning their pens and litter box scooping, providing food and fresh water
Length of term:
One month minimum commitment.
Morning or evening shifts - Each shift is typically a minimum of a 1/2 hour
Not 100% sure yet? Please ask us questions! Click on the red button labeled "I want to help!" in the upper left hand corner, and send us your questions.
- Be at least 21 years old
- Be able to handle cats of varying weights and sizes
- Be extremely reliable, especially with sticking to your scheduled shift
- Physical strength and agility: be able to climb up and down on a small ladder, reaching backs of cages to clean
- Knowledge of cats and their behaviors
- Patience - some cats are more difficult than others
- Strong work ethic
- Complete our volunteer application (it takes less than 2 minutes) on our website at www.ruffhouserescue.org
- Click the red button labeled "I want to help!" in the upper left hand corner of the page.
- Include in your comments:
- Total number of hours you can volunteer per week
- The day per week and shift (AM or PM) you are available
- Whether you are at least 21 years old
- Whether you completed our online application
- Any questions
- If you do not get a response from us within 5 days please outreach to us at email@example.com.
RHR’s website - www.ruffhouserescue.org
UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT:
See our "Junior Volunteer" positions
Yes, a letter is provided!
MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
Please see below.
One animal is euthanized in the U.S. every 16 seconds, 4 million annually (Humane Society of US).
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." The Dalai Lama
Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
About Ruff House Rescue
Commercial, Oceanside, NY 11572, US
Ruff House Rescue's (RHR) mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
WE GO BIG, SO THEY GO HOME.
Going BIG means that our fosters and volunteers always show up in a big way and are incredibly hands-on, passionate, and dedicated, whether they are volunteering remotely, at our kennel, or at our adoption events.
Ruff House Rescue is the largest 501 (c)(3) non-profit rescue on the South Shore of Long Island. Our mission is to seek out under-served shelters and communities where we can make the biggest lifesaving impact. Our goal is to create a world where the kind and rewarding experience of adoption is the standard. We do this through tireless passion, commitment, and advocacy.
We are a foster-based network of animal lovers who seek to save as many lives as possible, as fast as we can. As a largely volunteer-based organization, we depend on the generosity of our Ruff House family to do this life changing work.
No animal is euthanized.
Mailing Address: PO Box 365, Oceanside, NY 11572
We'll work with your schedule.
2824 Long Beach RoadPetcoOceanside, NY 11572
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21