Part pep rally, part global summit, the World Savvy Festival is an annual culminating event for middle and high school students participating in the World Savvy Classrooms program. The day long event brings students from different schools together to share and get feedback on their research and action plans to address global issues that have local impacts. Students also engage with each other through a mini design challenge.
This year, the theme for the festival is Breaking Barriers . Students have been researching human trafficking, educational inequities, pollution, teen suicide and mental health, Black Lives Matter, food deserts, domestic violence, renewable energy, and more.
On Festival day, we’re looking for volunteers to help:
- Serve as judges , meeting with groups of students to listen to them present their projects and offer feedback using a rubric.
- Serve as facilitators, guiding one or more groups of students through a mini Knowledge 2 Action, design thinking workshop.
- Serve as operations volunteers, helping with various logistics throughout the day such as guiding and greeting students, handing out lunch, and registration.
- Most volunteer shifts will be from 9:30am-2:30pm.
This event would not be possible without our volunteers. We hope to see you there!
- Teaching / Instruction
- General Education
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 9 am - 3 pm on the day of the festival