4 people are interested
Healthy Benefits of Volunteering
4 people are interested
By visiting Crossroads Hospice patients in the Wooster area you not only help someone in need, but you give your own health a little boost. Volunteering lowers blood pressure, combats loneliness, and builds self-confidence. You'll make new friends and be a part of an elite group who want to bring joy to others.
The following volunteer activities are available: read to a patient, talk, play music or cards, paint nails, bring your pet for a visit, write letters or their story, share a laugh, The choices are endless!
You decide how much time you can give a month. We will match your interests and schedule.
For more information contact Jamie at: 330-776-3322
About Crossroads Hospice- NEO
3743 Boettler Oaks Drive, Suite E, Green, OH 44685, US
Crossroads is committed to being at the forefront of the hospice care industry, to continually shape the way palliative and hospice care are viewed and administered...so that everyone can expect more. The Crossroads Hospice & Palliative Care brand promise: *Crossroads offers more to elevate the end-of-life experience in very unique ways. *Expect highly attentive, hands-on care. We are always there for you before, during and after the need for palliative and hospice care.
We ask our patients to "Expect More" from us with one-of-a-kind programs like:
- Gift of a Day: Patients are asked, "If you had one day to live, what would you want it to look like?" Our staff, volunteers, and local businesses work together to bring these heart-warming "Gifts" to life.
- Evenmore Care: We have lower-than-average patient-to-staff ratio that allow us to see patients virtually every day. More patient contact means we can identify an increased or sudden decline and initiate our Watch Program
- Watch Program: Patients are closely monitored through multiple daily visits to better recognize when passing may be imminent, at which point we exhaust every effort to be by their side.
- Veteran Program: Honoring patients who served in the military to protect our country. Staff and Volunteers are educated and trained in caring for veterans at the end-of-life.
- Grief Recovery Program: A special 12 week program, led by our bereavement counselors, helps participants effectively cope with the pain caused by loss
- Same day admissions, we do the work for you!
- Staffed with our own employees 24/7
- Attended deaths are consistently well above national average
- DNR status not required to receive care
Wayne CountyWooster, OH 44691
August 24, 2021
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Patient Care
- Music Arts
- Community Outreach
- Elder care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training