Would you like an opportunity to help others and give back to your community? Have you ever thought about volunteering for a Hospice? Did you know that volunteers are the heart and soul of Hospice care? As a Hospice Volunteer, you will be an integral member of an interdisciplinary team dedicated to benefitting patients and their families during a difficult time in their lives.
Patient Care Volunteer
Hospice provides care and comfort to people who are terminally ill and provides support to their families, friends, and caregivers. As a Patient Care Volunteer, you may help in many ways:
- Volunteers provide companionship to patients through conversation, reading, letter writing, music appreciation, movie/TV watching, walking or sitting outside to get some fresh air, and all sorts of hobby sharing.
- Volunteers help patients and their families by running errands, doing light household chores and yard work, and even caring for their pets.
- Volunteers provide respite to family caregivers, so they may take a break from their caregiving duties for couple hours.
- In addition, volunteers who are professional/certified beauticians, massage therapists, or music therapists are highly desired, as well as those who are experienced in providing grief support or medical interpretation.
- Patients with whom one might visit in their home are located throughout the Phoenix Metro area and every effort is made to place volunteers with someone within a comfortable distance.
Bilingual Spanish-speaking ability is a plus!
Volunteers are limited only by their imaginations. If you have a skill or interest that is not included here, we would love to meet with you to find out more about how we can work together and to provide you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those who need it the most.
We also provide comprehensive orientation and training. Even if you don’t have previous experience with hospice, we will provide you with all the tools you need to be the best volunteer you can be!
This is an excellent opportunity to learn and to give back to the community for people of all ages. We look forward to hearing from you TODAY!
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Variable depending on Volunteer's availability
- TB Test, Fingerprint Clearance Card (both are provided by us)