The Receptionist / Membership Sales Assistant works within the Ticketing Department. Responsibilities include: answering and routing phone calls, providing customer information about Battleship IOWA ticket pricing, hours, and directions, handling membership inquiries and sales, tracking, and entering new records in the membership database accurately and in a timely manner.
Prospective volunteers should be at least 18 years of age. The minimum commitment is 4 hours per week. Other qualifications include:
- Excellent customer service attitude.
- You must maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
- communicate effectively both verbally and written
- be able to listen and respond to a client or fellow employee, multitask and prioritize, and maintain a high level of professionalism
- Ability to work independently
- General knowledge of MS Office, Internet, Email.
As a PBC volunteer, you are joining the crew of the Battleship IOWA, one of the fastest growing new museums in Los Angeles. We are a community that is sustained by the drive to preserve and interpret this iconic and unique piece of history for generations to come. You will work with a dedicated and highly motivated group of volunteers from multiple generations including veterans who served aboard the Battleship IOWA. We enjoy a host of social activities including potlucks, field trips, special lectures and behind the scenes tours of areas of the ship that are not currently (and may never be) open to the general public. Volunteers receive a discount in our ship’s store and in some area restaurants and businesses. Our volunteers are also recognized with a variety of awards and ceremonies that celebrate milestones of service and outstanding accomplishments. If you take the leap and join our crew, you are guaranteed to meet amazing people, have fun, and enjoy the satisfaction of being part of something important, something bigger than the sum of its parts. We strive for excellence in restoration, interpretation, education, and running this organization as a viable non-profit business that’s in it for the long haul. Come be a part of history today!
Processing and Training:
Prospective volunteers must complete the online application at the link listed below. Prospects may apply and interview for multiple opportunities, but acceptance is determined by each department head.
New volunteers are paired with a Sponsor on their first day and are expected to attend a one day orientation class offered each month. Departmental training is provided through one-on-one mentorship. Training will be provided in Salesforce data entry.
To start the process, please complete our online application at: www.pacificbattleship.com/volunteer and click on Sign Up Today!
For more information on the museum check out our website at http://www.pacificbattleship.com or download our Battleship Iowa App for iPhone and Android from the Play Store or the App Store.
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 shift/week minimum, (4 hours)
- A can-do attitude and desire to be part of a great team!
- Restoration and Preservation -...
- Full Stack Web/Python Developer...
- Tour Guides! Join the crew of...
- Accounting - Join the Crew of...
- Receptionist / Membership Sales...
- Security - Join the crew of the...
- Carpenters - Decking Crew Needed...
- Archives and Collections...
- Education Guides - Join the crew...
- Development Lead/ Sponsor...