WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereSan Leandro Public Library300 Estudillo AvenueSan Leandro, CA 94577
Volunteer Position Title: Bookstore Cashier
Operates the cash register and sells merchandise in the bookstore.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Opens the cash register, operates the store with $50.00 cash, rings up merchandise, gives change to customers and then closes up cash register at end of shift and reconciles sales made during shift with the journal receipt.
Also is expected to keep books on shelves straightened, to help sorters stock the bookstore and to keep the hardback fiction in alphabetical order by authors’ last names.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to reconcile rung-up sales with journal receipt
- Ability to operate cash register and give change
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse community
Volunteers are required to commit to a minimum of 2 hours per week and a minimum of 6 months.
Adult library volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
Adult Volunteer Coordinator
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Monday or Wednesday evenings
- Candidate should enjoy reading in order to converse with customers