*Dates listed for this opportunity are tentative*
The Boys and Girls Clubs of the Peninsula is currently looking for rising high school and college students to be summer interns!
Summer Interns will work collaboratively with BGCP staff to implement a summer academic and enrichment program for elementary school kids. The program is designed to use hands-on learning to improve students’ school outcomes and their interest in learning.
BGCP internships provide practical experience for job training and college preparation, as well as eligibility for national service awards. While many colleges and employers look for applicants who have expertise in a certain area, they are also seeking individuals who are community-minded and concerned about the world in which they live.
- Assist in managing a class of 20 or fewer students with the assistance of BGCP staff and a credentialed teacher.
- Designing and running engaging, hands-on enrichment activities.
- Being innovative and open to learning and experimentation.
- Helping to tailor the program to support the students’ efforts and coordinate academic efforts regarding individual members.
- Performing other administrative tasks as needed.
- You will be placed at one of our two different summer programs:
Training: Week of June 12
Program: June 19 - July 21
Training: Week of June 19
Program:June 26 - July 28
- You must commit to at least 3-5 consecutive weeks within your program
- Support summer program from 8am-4pm Monday-Friday (full day preferred, see below for half day options)
- Morning shift is 8am-Noon
- Afternoon shift is 1pm-4pm
- Minimum age requirement is to be a rising freshmen (entering the 9th grade this fall)
- Have a desire and experience working with youth.
- Conversational Spanish encouraged but not required.
- Be adaptable and flexible to a changing workplace.
- A positive attitude and mature personality conducive to working effectively as a team player with diverse youth, staff, volunteers, parents/guardians.
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- General Education
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hrs/day for at least 3 weeks