Commitment (two days of training and one week):
Carkeek 1:Trainings - Offsite TBD, Onsite Sat July 8th 8:30am-2pm; Camp - Mon-Fri July 10-14, 8:30am - 4:30pm
Carkeek 2:Trainings - Offsite TBD, Onsite Sat July 15th 8:30am-2pm; Camp - Mon-Fri July 17-21, 8:30am - 4:30pm
Carkeek 3:Trainings - Offsite TBD, Onsite Sat July 22nd 8:30am-2pm; Camp - Mon-Fri July 24-28, 8:30am - 4:30pm
Carkeek 4:Trainings - Offsite TBD, Onsite Sat July 29th 8:30am-2pm; Camp - Mon-Fri July 31 - Aug 4, 8:30am - 4:30pmWe are always in need of Day Camp Volunteers!
Camp Fire relies on our amazing adult and teen volunteers to make the magic of Day Camp happen for kids each summer! Volunteering is easy and fun and the best part - making a difference in the life a child! Join us this summer!Training
All LEAD, Teen Counselor, and Adult volunteers are required to attend two training sessions prior to camp. Volunteers must attend one offsite training held at locations throughout the Puget Sound, there are a variety of days and times to choose from, as well as the onsite training specific to your week of day camp, typically held the Saturday or Sunday prior to that particular week. If you volunteer at more than one week of day camp, you are required to attend the onsite training for each day camp location.
Day Camp Training Dates are posted to our calendar as they are made available. Registration for the offsite training is required.Adult Volunteers
There is a need for many different skill sets at Day Camp! Adults can volunteer at any of our Day Camp sites except for Camp Sealth as counselors, activity specialists, purchasers, equipment managers or health care managers. Full-time adult volunteers get a $100 discount on day camp registration for their own children. Children of full-week adult volunteers will automatically gain entrance into the camp of their choice and will be immediately taken off the wait list.
- Health Manager: A medical professional or a certified first aid staff who is responsible for the dispensing of all first aid and medications, and for seeing that good health practices are followed, and for keeping the health records.
- Equipment Supervisor: This role is incredibly vital to a fun Day Camp, as everyone loves to play games, cook food, and do all sorts of fun things that requires equipment! Responsible for checking equipment in and out and seeing that it comes back from groups each day in good condition, ready for use.
- Purchaser: Are you ready for some tasty Day Camp favorites? The Purchaser plans and buys supplies for Day Camp including food. Commitment includes shopping prior to the start of camp, store runs during camp hours, storing and sorting food items.
- Program Staff: A Day Camp Utility Player! Assist with pre-camp training by teaching their skills to Unit Leaders and Counselors and by informing them of the program resources and equipment which can be made available to groups. During Day Camp, they assist units and groups as requested. They select and procure special program equipment after given authorization by the Camp Site Director.
- Activity Specialist: Do you have hidden talents or favorite hobbies? Instruct, teach or lead activities to our Day Campers such as crafts, field games, science, nature hike, fire safety, outdoor cooking and more!
- Child Development
- Child Care
- First Aid / CPR
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hrs of training + approx 40hrs for one week