The Center for Justice and Accountability (CJA) brings the world's worst human rights abusers to justice. Their crimes include torture, genocide, war crimes, and other heinous acts all over the globe.
On May 4, 2017, CJA will be celebrating its 19th Anniversary with a beautiful and inspiring Gala which will bring together elected officials, judges, leading lawyers, advocates, survivors, and supporters to celebrate important victories secured by CJA and our partners. If you are passionate about human rights and justice and would like to help us make of CJA's 19th Anniversary Gala an unforgettable and successful event, then you are the perfect match for our amazing team of volunteers!
Below are the available volunteer positions. We will try to accommodate your request but appreciate your flexibility if the slots are filled. Deadline to sign-up is April 28, 2017, but positions will be filled as the requests come in.
Date: Thursday, May 4, 2017
Time: 6:00 pm - Reception; 7 pm Dinner
Location: Park Central Hotel, 50 Third Street, San Francisco
Attire: Business/semi-formal attire (khakis/dress pants, dress shirts, tie, dresses/skirts)
Wednesday, May 3, 2017 - 5:00-8:00pm
- Annual Event Prep - work at the CJA office the day prior to our event to help us prepare event materials.
Thursday, May 4, 2017
- Registration/Guest check-in: 4:30-7:30 pm
- Greeters: 5-7 pm
- Coat Check: 5-10 pm
- Runners: 5:00-8:00 pm
- Collect Donations/Pledge information: 7:30-8:30 pm - collect donation checks from tables during the pitch as well as information of donors who make a pledge.
- Event Break-down: 8:30-10:30 pm - work with CJA staff to pack up materials post-event.
CJA will provide snacks and drinks for the volunteers. All volunteers are welcome to stay during the program after or before their shifts to watch any speakers or presenters.
Thank you for taking the time to review this volunteer opportunity. If you are interested in volunteering at CJA's 19th Anniversary Gala or for more information about this posting and/or the event, please contact Susana Solis at email@example.com or 415.529.7756.
- Event Management
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Willing to work 2-4 hours per shift.
- No training is required, but volunteers must to arrive 15-30 min. earlier for a brief orientation.