2019 Farmers Market Board Volunteers
13 people are interested
We’re a group of volunteers that runs the downtown Palo Alto Farmers’ Market. We’re a working board, which means that a rotating group of us is actually down at the Market every week, running the show. We also meet monthly to make policy and logistics decisions about the Market. Most of us spend 6-10 hours a month helping the Market run smoothly.
But most importantly? We on the board love food - growing it, buying it, breaking it down, making it, baking it, researching it, tasting it, talking about it - and working to bring the best foods we can find to the Market. Our board members make plum jam, pulled pork, caramels, parathas, paella, tamales, kale salad, home made linguini, whole wheat bread. Some grill a mean pork chop or make a great bahn mi or awesome brownies. We exchange recipes and have potlucks and we cook up a big buffet luncheon every year to say thank you to our Market farmers and food artisans.
Does this sound like the kind of food community you’d enjoy being a part of? Would you like to help connect local farmers to your friends and family and the rest of the community? Come join us!
- Commit to helping one full season (or until the end of the season if you join after we open in May)
- Sign up for at least two Saturday shifts per month at the Market. Shifts are about 2.5 hours each. (choose a shift from 7-10 AM or 10-1 PM - these are the hours for our Market)
- Attend monthly board meetings, which are every 2nd Tuesday of the month from March - November. It is held 7:30-9 PM.
- Must be able to do some physical lifting of chairs, tables, and traffic barriers during Saturday morning shifts
- Must be 18-years or older to join the board (we do have HS volunteer opportunities too, but they only work the saturday shifts)
We are especially looking for individuals who are passionate about connecting people through social media and other marketing channels. We need 1-2 individuals who are willing to manage our social media, email marketing and website maintenance (WordPress), and some offline promotion. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you as well!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Gilman St between Hamilton and ForrestBehind the Hamilton Ave Post OfficePalo Alto, CA 94301
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Social Media / Blogging
- Relationship Building
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- March - December (or until December 16)