Sports Volunteer provides much needed support and assistance to Sports Directors, Sports coaches, and youth participants in classes, leagues and programs. The Sports volunteer cares about individual development, team building, and physical health through engagement in recreational time and activities.
Volunteer General Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to different programs and activity areas as needed
- Monitor all equipment inventory
- Work with site coordinators to set and clean up after classes/practices/games
- Engage and support sport participants before classes/practices/games
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and team work with other volunteers, team parents and participants to support the responsibilities of the officials and sports leadership.
- Assist in set up and team sports activities including scheduled classes, practices and games
This volunteer opportunity represents the primary needs identified at this time but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The volunteer will also be responsible for taking direction from the Program Director, Branch Executive or other designated YMCA team member.
Volunteer Application can be found here: https://www.ymcamn.org/about/volunteer
- Child Development
- Sports Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Games and occasional trainings