Health&Help medical clinic is the only medical facility in the Totonicapan area, which is home to over 15,000 Guatemalans. Most of our patients are pregnant women, infants, and toddlers. We are looking for more volunteers to join our team.
We expect you to volunteer your skills, executing the following tasks:
- Provide general consultations in the clinic (General Medicine, Pediatrics, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, Endocrinology and ect.);
- Make home visits to severely sick patients;
- Manage deliveries during on-site and in-field shifts;
- Provide pre- and postnatal care during home visits;
- Design and manage educational programs for local traditional midwives;
- Manage children’s malnutrition programs;
- Handle other issues: pharmacy, lab, diabetes programs, and Hygiene Ed classes for schoolchildren.
Please let us know in your cover letter if you had similar previous experience.
- Always ready to assist and good in his/her own field;
- Detail and goal-oriented;
- An emerging leader, true team player, a sharer rather than a protector; has the ability to juggle with several matters at one time;
- Has an appropriate degree and training (MD, NP/RN/LN, Midwife, paramedic/EMT);
- Speaks Spanish well (B1+); English or/and Russian skills are an advantage.
Volunteering program. Living Arrangements include food and housing free of charge.
Typical Living Arrangements
Volunteers are living in a house, which is a part of the clinic. There is a kitchen, bathrooms, and a garden. A separate room can be provided for couples.
- First Aid / CPR
- Children Medical Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3 months miimum
- Medical degree or training of any level (MD, NP/RN/LN, Midwife), allowing you to practice