The Rebuild Communities Initiative provides for the acquisition of distressed and foreclosed properties, education, training, technical assistance, tools and resources to allow public, private and nonprofit partners to stabilize communities and implement comprehensive long-term revitalization strategies and help families have a home.
The Rebuild Communities Initiative will achieve these results with our alliances, community organizations, government and philanthropic institutions, as well as in conjunction with established Government programs such as Community Development Entities and Community Development Financial Institutions.
We can't solve homelessness, together we can prevent it.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research, write, and submit compelling and timely letters of inquiry and grant proposals tofoundations, corporations, and government entities.
- Work with teams as needed to develop project descriptions, timelines, evaluation plans, andbudgets.
- Prepare and submit reports and updates to funders in a timely fashion.
- Support research of new funding prospects.
- Maintain up-to-date online and physical files of all grant-related content and correspondence.
- Participate in online staff trainings and attend special online events.
- Conduct other duties related to successful grants and fund development
Qualities And Skills:
- At least one year in grant writing experience
- The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
- Excellent grant writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly-organized.
- Excellent ability to manage multiple projects, take initiative, work independently and as a team-member.
- Excellent ability to meet deadlines while also paying close attention to details and accuracy.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Experience and excitement about working with diverse groups and communities.
- Flexibility, strong commitment to collaboration, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and commitment to professional ethics.
- Ability to work in deadline driven environment.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment