8 people are interested
VOLUNTEER HOSPICE COMPANION: To Lend an Ear, Hold a Hand, Warm a Heart
ORGANIZATION: Harbor Hospice of Gulf Coast
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
- Clerical and administrative duties with no patient contact
- Read to a patient/Hold a hand/Lend an ear
- Stay with patient while family members take a needed break or run simple errands
- Offer companionship
- Look through photo albums
- Help patients write or tell their life stories
- Read or watch TV with patient
- Just being with the patient can provide comfort.
- Help patient with makeup, brush hair, or paint fingernails
- Veterans honor Veteran patients at bedside/Share vet stories together
- Crafts, projects, coloring, or other activities with your patient (if they are able)
- Music, Art, or Pet Therapy (only if certified pet therapy)
- Simple home repairs or housekeeping
As a volunteer coordinator I fully understand the misconceptions, fears, and concerns you may have about being a hospice volunteer. While our patients are categorized as terminal, many of our patients simply live at home and need help with errands or would benefit from your love and companionship. I will NEVER assign a volunteer to a patient who is actively passing. I know that is what most people visualize when I say hospice volunteer. That is not the case. I would love to offer you the opportunity to experience the amazing feeling of making a difference in a patient and family's life. The family you may be able to help could be someone you already know and love in your community. You won't know, unless you become one of our highly trained, compassionate volunteers. Send me a message and apply today!
Lisa Hollan, Volunteer Coordinator
About Harbor Hospice of Gulf Coast
400 Enterprise Blvd, Bldg C, Rockport, TX 78382, US
Harbor Hospice is committed to providing comprehensive, competent, quality care; optimizing comfort and dignity consistent with the patient and family needs and goals. With the patient's needs and goals as priorities; we seek to ensure without discrimination; the dignity, comfort, and choices . . . of the patient, family, and caregiver; with timely, well-coordinated, end-of-life care which includes bereavement and counseling support.
ATTENTION: Lisa Hollan, Volunteer Coordinator (361) 230-0994, firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY ONLINE at: WWW.harborhospice.com/volunteers
On 'How did you hear about us' line type Lisa Hollan VC - application will come straight to me.
At Harbor Hospice Gulf Coast, we believe our work is a sacred duty. By following our Mission Statement, we minister to the needs of our patients and their families in coping with the complex issues as they face an approaching end of life. A valuable part of our team is volunteers. All you need to become a volunteer, is a compassionate heart and the desire to give a couple of hours per month.
- Patient Care Services; companionship, emotional support, ect.
- Clerical Duties; Filing, Copying, ect.
If you are 18 years or older, and would like more information, please call or email as indicated above, or submit your online application. Thank you very much for your interest.
Multiple locations Portland, TX 78374
May 24, 2022
- Elder care
- Music Therapy
- Public Relations
- Administrative Support
- Animal Therapy
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 - 4+ Hours/Month - Flexible Schedules.
- Requirements: Drug Screen, Background check, TB skin test, and to be fully vaccinated and provide COVID card. Exemptions will be accepted if unvaccinated.