- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
The audio reviewer assures that recorded digital books and magazines are ready for library users. The reviewer listens to a digital recording to insure that it replicates the original text. The audio review is completed after the recording. Training is provided.
On average, one book takes 15 to 25 one-hour reviewing sessions.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Attentive to detail
- Comfort with recording technology
- Ability to check that the audio recording follows the original text and is read accurately and clearly by noting transpositions, omissions, extraneous noise and mispronunciations
- Ability to verify narration is performed with consistent voicing
- Complete at least one recording in its entirety
Studio is open Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Minnesota Braille and Talking Book Library (MBTBL), located in Faribault, provides direct library service to pre-school age children to seniors with visual, physical and reading disabilities for whom conventional print is a barrier to reading. Audio reviewers assit in the production of local interest talking books.
We'll work with your schedule.
388 SE 6th Ave.Minnesota Braille and Talking Book LibraryFaribault, MN 55021
- Basic Computer Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Sound Production
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Multiple sessions, in one hour increments
- We ask that you finish any project you start. Studio is open Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.