- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
The audio reviewer assures that recorded digital books and magazines are ready for library users. The reviewer listens to a digital recording to insure that it replicates the original text. The audio review is completed after the recording. Training is provided.
On average, one book takes 15 to 25 one-hour reviewing sessions.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Attentive to detail
- Comfort with recording technology
- Ability to check that the audio recording follows the original text and is read accurately and clearly by noting transpositions, omissions, extraneous noise and mispronunciations
- Ability to verify narration is performed with consistent voicing
- Complete at least one recording in its entirety
Studio is open Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Minnesota Braille and Talking Book Library (MBTBL), located in Faribault, provides direct library service to pre-school age children to seniors with visual, physical and reading disabilities for whom conventional print is a barrier to reading. Audio reviewers assit in the production of local interest talking books.
About Minnesota Braille and Talking Book Library
388 SE 6th Ave, Faribault, MN 55021, US
That All May Read
The Minnesota Braille and Talking Book Library provides a specialized statewide public library service to Minnesotans of all ages who cannot hold, handle or see well enough to use conventional print materials.
We'll work with your schedule.
388 SE 6th Ave.Minnesota Braille and Talking Book LibraryFaribault, MN 55021
- Basic Computer Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Sound Production
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Multiple sessions, in one hour increments
- We ask that you finish any project you start. Studio is open Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.