This position is approximately 75% administrative and 25% project management support. Administrative duties include scheduling meetings and appointments, booking travel, processing expense statements and reserving conference rooms as necessary. The project management duties include providing analytical support to the team, including supporting event preparation, tracking project deliverables, coordinating presentations and communications materials for internal and external audiences. The project management and administrative functions will require excellent organizational skills, confidentiality, initiative, sound decision-making, independent judgment and the ability to escalate serious or unique problems to higher levels.
* Telephone coverage and administrative support
* Proactively manage the calendar and work effectively with other administrative assistants to coordinate/plan meetings and conference calls, which may involve numerous time zones.
* Book international and domestic travel arrangements and organize itineraries.
* Process T&E expenses and invoices, calendar management, typing/formatting of documents, answering phones, scanning, and photocopying; uploading internal and external email distribution lists.
Project Management Responsibilities:
* Provide meeting support and manage to follow up tasks pending major meetings and events.
* Responsible for gathering and compiling information for various weekly and monthly meetings.
* Assist with event planning, invitation creation, RSVP management, etc.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to produce high-quality emails and messages to individuals at all levels of the organization.
* Excellent telephone skills (i.e., takes accurate and complete messages).
* PowerPoint- and Excel-savvy - must be able to make updates in team presentations.
* Willing and able to learn the business and fully understand how and why tasks satisfy business needs.
* Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Ability to work independently as well as part of the team to ensure that the needs of the group are always met and that adequate assistance coverage is provided to the group.
* Tasks, whether routine or urgent, are completed successfully and in a timely manner.
* Understanding and demonstrating good problem-solving skills.
* Calendar management/document organization.
* Other administrative/general tasks.
* Maintain familiarity with all policy and technology updates.
* Maintain confidentiality of information.
Job: Communication & Admin Support
Alexandria, VAOrganization: Non Profit
Schedule: Full time
Job Type: Paid
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Internet Research
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Public Relations
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment