Recording Studio Monitor
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
The studio monitor partners with a narrator to record digital books and magazines for library users. The monitor directs and coaches the narrator during the recording process. The monitor follows along in the text to detect errors and ensure accuracy.
On average, one book takes 10 to 15 one-hour recording sessions and 1 to 2 hours of editing to complete.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to carefully listen
- Comfort with recording technology
- Ability to be patient, flexible and tactful
- Ability to detect and correct inaccuracies in pronunciation, inflection, timing, delivery, and style that do not reflect the author’s intent
- Complete at least one recording in its entirety including post-recording edits
Studio is open Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Minnesota Braille and Talking Book Library (MBTBL), located in Faribault, provides direct library service to pre-school age children to seniors with visual, physical and reading disabilities for whom conventional print is a barrier to reading. Studio Monitors assit in the recording of local interest talking books.
We'll work with your schedule.
388 SE 6th AveMinnesota Braille and Talking Book LibraryFaribault, MN 55021
- Literacy / Reading
- People Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Sound Production
- Reading / Writing
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Multiple sessions, in one hour increments
- We ask that you finish any project you start. Studio is open Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.