VISTA Data Research Dynamo
Partnership 4 Kids
Founded in 1989, Partnership 4 Kids is a local (Omaha) non-profit mentoring organization that uses the power of education and mentoring to help uplift young people from poverty. P4K serves 5,400 students from pre-kindergarten through careers within the Omaha Public School District. Within this established organization, we are looking to hire a VISTA member who is a a data research dynamo and can help us further our efforts to break Omaha’s cycle of poverty with his/her hi-tech skills and savvy. The most qualified applicant for this position will provide the agency with critical data collection leading to an increased agency capacity to serve more children. Working in conjunction with the agency’s development team, the VISTA Data Research Dynamo will use his/her sleuthing skills to research past stakeholders, secure updated contact information, and enter updated data records into the agency’s robust, online data management systems.
Reporting to and partnering with the Director of Development, the VISTA member will work closely with all managers, program staff and key volunteers to obtain the critical data, which will enable the agency to more easily steward and cultivate current and potential new stakeholders, thereby generating opportunities to obtain additional financial and volunteer resources necessary to continue growing P4K’s service capacity. The VISTA member will engage in comprehensive training on the various data management programs including Salesforce, CiviCore, Excel and other programs as needed. They will research and evaluate each of the above data management systems and identify system capabilities for integration.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Mining data records for past mentors and integrating all updated contact information into the agency’s appropriate data management systems.
- Mining data records for past mentees and integrating their personal and survey data into the agency’s appropriate data management systems. Survey will capture mentees’ current life status including their highest level of education, employment status, income bracket (above or below poverty), number of dependents, and number of years in the P4K program.
- Mining multiple data systems, paper files and online resources to locate current contact information, and agency area of interest for past donors, updating as needed and integrating contact’s giving history into the agency’s current donor data management system (Salesforce)
- Over the duration of the implementation of the first three steps, the VISTA member will design a process for ongoing data entry and maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Great attention to detail, critical thinking skills, proficiency in research and data management and a desire to work independently and take ownership of the project
- Capability to work both independently and with a team
- Excellent time-management and organization skills
- Analytical skills
- Exhibits "follow-through" on tasks and goals
- A positive attitude
- Good listening skills
- Exemplary interpersonal and writing skills
- An above average aptitude for navigation and development of data systems
- Proficiency in using data management software, (Previous experience working with Salesforce is a plus)
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree preferred in Business Management or related field.
- Previous experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and database management required
To be considered for the VISTA Data Research Dynamo position apply by mail or email with your resume, a cover letter stating why you would be the perfect match for this position and at least two references.
Application materials may also be mailed/emailed to:
Partnership 4 Kids
Attn: Cheryl Murray
1004 Farnam St., Ste 200
Omaha, NE 68102
Only the most qualified applicants will receive a response.
- Database Administration
- Donor Management
- Problem Solving
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- Must be an active VISTA member in order to qualify for this position