The Tuck-In Service is a volunteer based program designed to anticipate the needs of our hospice patients over weekends, reducing weekend calls related to medication refills, equipment issues and supply needs.
These calls are made to home patients/caregiver by volunteers on Thursdays. Issues and needs are reported back to a team manager at the end of the calls.
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Thursdays - time varies with number of patients
- Required background checks & TB testing covered at no cost to the volunteer.
- Supportive Presence
- Companion - East Allegheny Co
- Respite Sitter - Allegheny Co....
- Companion - Jefferson...
- Companion - Pittsburgh/North Hills
- Respite Sitter - Pittsburgh East
- Companion Volunteer -...
- Respite Sitter - Fayette Co.
- Companion - Beaver County
- Respite Sitter -...
- Respite Sitter - North Hills
- Companion - Lawrence Co
- Music Based Volunteer -...
- Companion - Cranberry/Mars
- Companion - South/West Allegheny...
- Grief Support Volunteer
- Companion - Washington Co
- Respite Sitter - Jefferson...
- Respite Sitter - Allegheny Co East
- Supportive Musical Presence