The Tuck-In Service is a volunteer based program designed to anticipate the needs of our hospice patients over weekends, reducing weekend calls related to medication refills, equipment issues and supply needs.
These calls are made to home patients/caregiver by volunteers on Thursdays between the hours of 10AM to 6PM. Issues and needs are reported back to a team manager at the end of the calls.
These calls can be made from the hospice office or from the volunteer's home.
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Thursdays - time varies with number of patients
- Required background checks & TB testing covered at no cost to the volunteer.
- Supportive Presence
- Companion - East Allegheny Co
- Respite Sitter - Allegheny Co....
- Companion - Jefferson...
- Companion - Pittsburgh/North Hills
- Patient Visitor - Brackenridge
- Respite Sitter - Pittsburgh East
- Companion Volunteer -...
- Respite Sitter - Fayette Co.
- Companion - Beaver County
- Companion - Lawrence Co
- Music Based Volunteer -...
- Companion - Cranberry/Mars
- Companion - South/West Allegheny...
- Grief Support/Bereavement...
- Companion - Washington Co
- Respite Sitter - Jefferson...
- Respite Sitter - Allegheny Co East
- Supportive Presence - Allegheny...
- Supportive Musical Presence