A Spiritual Care Volunteer is one who believes that care and comfort for hospice patients and families can come from beyond a human source. There are other disciplines in the team who are psycho-social. We are spiritual.
A volunteer does not need to have to be of any particular faith background or have any prior training or gifting to be a volunteer. Just a heart's desire to serve people in this way.
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Crisis Counseling
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- There is no minimum or maximum time commitment
- Required background check and TB testing are covered at no cost to the volunteer
- Supportive Presence
- Companion - East Allegheny Co
- Respite Sitter - Allegheny Co....
- Companion - Jefferson...
- Companion - Pittsburgh/North Hills
- Patient Visitor - Brackenridge
- Respite Sitter - Pittsburgh East
- Companion Volunteer -...
- Respite Sitter - Fayette Co.
- Companion - Beaver County
- Companion - Lawrence Co
- Music Based Volunteer -...
- Companion - Cranberry/Mars
- Companion - South/West Allegheny...
- Grief Support/Bereavement...
- Companion - Washington Co
- Respite Sitter - Jefferson...
- Respite Sitter - Allegheny Co East
- Supportive Presence - Allegheny...
- Supportive Musical Presence