Caring Connections Friendly Visitor Program Intern
51 people are interested
This internship program is an opportunity available to University students participating in Service Learning and Community Service activities, or who want to gain relevant professional experience. The curriculum has a multidisciplinary approach that integrates first-hand knowledge of the senior population through direct services, community outreach awareness and exposure, and understanding the standard operations protocols of a non-profit organization. A minimum of 60 - 120 hours commitment is required.
- Direct Client Service: Provide telephone visitations to isolated older adults on weekly basis. Under supervised conditions make referrals to community resources to meet client’s needs. Provide home visitation to a lonely senior.
- Outreach and Volunteer Recruitment: Network and promote the agency within the local community. Participate in volunteer fairs, special events, and trainings.
- Administrative Support: Perform general clerical duties such as scheduling, database management, and telephone assistance.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Internet research
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Sensitivity toward older adults and persons with disabilities
- Complete training and attend in-service meetings
- Be fingerprinted through the Department of Justice (free of charges)
- Professional demeanor
14 More opportunities with Council on Aging Southern California - Preventative Mental Health Department
We'll work with your schedule.
2 Executive Circle, Suite 175Irvine, CA 92614
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 60 Hours of volunteer commitment