Caring Connections Friendly Visitor Program Intern
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where2 Executive Circle, Suite 175Irvine, CA 92614
This internship program is an opportunity available to University students participating in Service Learning and Community Service activities, or who want to gain relevant professional experience. The curriculum has a multidisciplinary approach that integrates first-hand knowledge of the senior population through direct services, community outreach awareness and exposure, and understanding the standard operations protocols of a non-profit organization. A minimum of 60 - 120 hours commitment is required.
- Direct Client Service: Provide telephone visitations to isolated older adults on weekly basis. Under supervised conditions make referrals to community resources to meet client’s needs. Provide home visitation to a lonely senior.
- Outreach and Volunteer Recruitment: Network and promote the agency within the local community. Participate in volunteer fairs, special events, and trainings.
- Administrative Support: Perform general clerical duties such as scheduling, database management, and telephone assistance.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Internet research
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Sensitivity toward older adults and persons with disabilities
- Complete training and attend in-service meetings
- Be fingerprinted through the Department of Justice (free of charges)
- Professional demeanor
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 60 Hours of volunteer commitment
More opportunities with Council on Aging Southern California - Preventative Mental Health Department
- Mandarin Speaking Volunteer
- Vietnamese Speaking Outreach...
- Watercolor Painting Instructor
- Volunteer ages 60+ for Veteran...
- Friendly Visitor Opportunity
- Volunteer ages 60+ for LGBTIQ...
- Caring Connections Friendly...
- Program Intern
- Korean Speaking Outreach...
- Balance and Mobility Instructor...
- Arabic Speaking Volunteer
- Reassurance Calls Volunteer
- Spanish Speaking Volunteers
- Khmer Speaking Volunteer
- Volunteers ages 60+ for Activity...
- Reassurance Calls Specialist
- Telephone Companion Volunteer
- Khmer Speaking Outreach Volunteers
- Arabic Speaking Outreach Volunteer