Job Title: Fur Keeps Advocate
Reporting to: Fur Keeps Manager
Position Type: Volunteer
The Carver Scott Humane Society Fur Keeps program is designed to offer support services to prevent the surrender of loved family pets to shelters or rescues. In addition to providing direct assistance to clients, Fur Keeps also supports a local food shelf with cat and dog food, and has funds reserved for emergency medical situations requiring financial assistance.
The Fur Keeps Advocate will be helping people that are in need of medical, behavioral and financial assistance for their pet by offering resources, support, and information as needed.
Our candidate will be personable, self-motivated, and possess good judgment. Must be able to work with people across generations, including volunteers, members of the public and people of different ages, socioeconomic backgrounds and ethnicities. The position will require ability and willingness to allow for a flexible schedule, including days and/or evenings, as well as weekends. The Fur Keeps Advocate will report to the Fur Keeps Manager and attend monthly meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Responding to emails and making phone calls on a daily basis
- Data entry
- Conduct all follow up with clients regarding their cat(s) and any appointments
- Assist with contacting trainers and coordinating training sessions
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, members of the community, trainers and training resources, and other animal organizations
- Manage Fur Keeps owned email
If you are interested in this position, please complete a volunteer application at https://www.carverscotths.org/volunteer_application/