Are you a powerful programmer and developer? Are you looking to use your coding skills to make a healthier world?
Then we want you on the team!
Pea Pod Nutrition and Lactation Support is a non-profit dedicated to decreasing the risk and prevelance of nutrition and lifestyle related chronic disease.
Our team is currently developing a cross-platform (android and iOS) mobile application to help us achieve this goal on a more broad level.
Level up your development abilities while making the world a better place, send us your CV today!
- Design, develop and fix bugs in our mobile application
- Research which technical solutions would best fit the problem and project needs.
- Perform testing of mobile applications and systems, engaging team members as necessary.
- Work closely with the different teams (graphic designers, management, etc.) to suggest improvements to the project.
- Possess a strong understanding and relevant experience in developing mobile applications.
- Creative ability in turning the mobile design concept into working software.
- Capable to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines while managing multiple assignments is a must.
- A team player with also the ability to work well independently.
- Degree or diploma in computer science or in a related field with experience in smobile application design would be an asset.
Job Location: Atlanta, GA or E-Work/Telecommuting
Time Commitment: You are in control. Our volunteers have the flexibility to help when they can, from where ever they want. All we require is that you volunteer for a minimum of 1 hour per week. We use a team approach so that the workload is flexible based on the time you can give us on a given week. That way you are in control of how many hours you volunteer.
Employment Type: Volunteer Position. Support a cause you are passionate about all while expanding your professional experience.
Volunteering with What's Your Impact, what's in it for me?
1) Working alongside individuals who share your values and are passionate about the environment
2) Gaining valuable experience working in the non-profit sector
3) Having the ability to work on projects that match your passions
4) Expanding your professional portfolio/CV
5) Professional reference letter based on performance after a minimum of 8 weeks of volunteering
- Mobile Programming
- Software Development
- Graphic Design
- Computer Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training