MVRC seeks Fundraising Board Chair
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1318 Dale StreetSuite 110Raleigh, NC 27605
MVRC is seeking a Board Members who are dedicated to assisting our local Raleigh/Durham/Triangle military community. This is a great opportunity for seasoned and new professionals alike!
Time Commitment: MVRC meets once per month for 1 hour close to North Hills (currently 2nd Tuesday at 600pm) Volunteers may spend an additional 2-5 hours per month working on their assigned roles. Fundraising Chair is a 1 year term, renewable.
The Fundraising Chair is responsible for assisting in the development of funds for use in programming and emergency funds for miitary and families. The fundraising chair leads a committee of 3-5 volunteers to seek out and secure passive or active fundraising opportunities for the nonprofit. This is an EXCELLENT opportunity for someone who is experienced, or someone who needs to build experience on a team.
It is helpful for anyone who will be on our board to be interested in, or have served/family of the military. It is NOT required, but it is a tremendous help to our mission to understand the military in a general sense. Diverse candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Please include some details about yourself when you respond!
Member(s) at Large (Committee Chairs)
- Terms Differ per role. 1x renewable
- Serve as the lead for one MVRC committee (Partnership and Outreach, Fundraising, Events, Communications, Volunteer)
- Attend virtual or in person meetings outside of board meeting relevant to committee work
- Generates ideas and objectives to assist in meeting organizational goals
- Serve as a fully active Committee member, coordinating committee meetings and happenings
- Providing Committee report to Chair prior to each Board meeting
- Providing Board oversight to insure that Committees are carrying out their Committee charge and duties.
- Public Speaking
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2-10 hours per month