MVRC Seeks Volunteer Chair (Board Member)
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1318 Dale StreetSuite 110Raleigh, NC 27605
MVRC is seeking a Board Members who are dedicated to assisting our local Raleigh/Durham/Triangle military community. This is a great opportunity for seasoned and new professionals alike!
Time Commitment: MVRC meets once per month for 1 hour close to North Hills (currently 2nd Tuesday at 600pm) Volunteers may spend an additional 2-5 hours per month working on their assigned roles. Volunteer Chair is a 1 year term, renewable.
The Volunteer Chair is responsible for recruiting and supporting MVRC volunteers. MVRC hosts 4-5 specific events throughout the year in which we would need support. The chair will be responsible for growing our volunteer database, and creating unique engagement ideas for our volunteers.
The Volunteer chair should have experience using Google Drive, Excel and Volunteer Match (or like programs). Public speaking and leadership skills are a plus!
It is helpful for anyone who will be on our board to be interested in, or have served/family of the military. It is NOT required, but it is a tremendous help to our mission to understand the military in a general sense. Diverse candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Please include some details about yourself when you respond!
Member(s) at Large (Committee Chairs)
- Terms Differ per role. 1x renewable
- Serve as the lead for one MVRC committee (Partnership and Outreach, Fundraising, Events, Communications, Volunteer)
- Attend virtual or in person meetings outside of board meeting relevant to committee work
- Generates ideas and objectives to assist in meeting organizational goals
- Serve as a fully active Committee member, coordinating committee meetings and happenings
- Providing Committee report to Chair prior to each Board meeting
- Providing Board oversight to insure that Committees are carrying out their Committee charge and duties.
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2-10 hours per month