Special Events Assistant
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Overview: Do you enjoy working with multi-generational groups of people in a variety of environments? The BHS hosts a number of lectures, receptions and other events throughout the year. The Special Events Assistant works with BHS Staff to plan, organize and implement these community events.
- Assist event set up and take down
- Assist in running games and activities
- Duties vary - anything from selling tickets to handing out craft materials
- Assistants are asked to attend an orientation course at the BHS. Courses are regularly scheduled and will last approximately an hour. All volunteers are encouraged to attend at least one walking tour to learn more about Bangor history.
- Assistants will be supplied with information regarding the Hill House and its history and are encouraged to ask staff for help at any time. Volunteers working with children will be given background checks.
- Length of Time: at least 3 events in a 6-month period
- Amount of Time: 3-4 hours per event, including prep and clean up
- Events will be scheduled at a variety of times on both weekdays and weekends
- Location: Thomas A. Hill House; other downtown partner locations
Qualifications and Skills:
- Enjoys working with children and families
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm for local history
- Have fun interacting with visitors of all age groups
- Learn about local history topics
- Children of event volunteers may participate in the event at no cost
- Free admission to Thomas A. Hill House museum
- 15% discount on gift shop purchases
- After 100 hours of service, a free one-year membership to Bangor Historical Society
We'll work with your schedule.
159 Union StreetBangor, ME 04401
- People Skills
- Event Planning / Management
- General Education
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- At least 3 events in a 6 month period