The United Schools Network (USN) is a nonprofit organization in Columbus, Ohio, that starts and manages urban public charter schools that close the achievement gap. The School Performance Institute (SPI), a division of the United Schools Network, is an innovative social enterprise committed to seeking out, studying, and spreading instructional and school design best practices to the educators who need them the most.
Advising Our Team
The School Performance Institute is seeking an experienced professional wishing to help launch our social enterprise and guide our strategic planning and growth. A volunteer advisor can expect to:
- Actively advise in the creation of an integrated marketing communications strategy.
- Build internal capacity by sharing knowledge of SEO tactics, Google Analytics, and Adwords.
- Provide feedback to marketing intern on print marketing materials for client engagement.
- Dedicate at least 2 hours a week to advise the SPI team.
Skills, Traits, and Beliefs
The Marketing Strategy Advisor must:
- Be dedicated to educational success for all students.
- Have significant professional experience in Digital Marketing, Social Media, or Communications.
- Have experience with Adobe Creative Cloud or similar design software (preferred).
- Hold an advanced graduate degree (preferred).
- Commit as an advisor for a period of at least three months (six months or more preferred).
Terms of Volunteer Engagement
Potential advisors will be considered immediately and on a rolling basis. This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity. The Marketing Strategy Advisor will have no legal or financial liability related to the United Schools Network or the School Performance Institute and is not considered an employee. An FBI/BCI Background Check is required.
The School Performance Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please contact Astrid Arca, Manager of Strategy & Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and submit a resume.
- Marketing Analytics
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- We are looking for at least 2 hours per week
- Ideally in-person advisor, though we will consider remote.