Join us in building a Habitat home during our 5th Annual Women Build, May 5th, 2018!
Women Build is a fund-raising build event where teams of volunteers work together to fund and build a Habitat house. This event encourages teams of women (and men) to take part in building safe, affordable housing for low-income families in Chemung County. Volunteers do not need any background in construction to get started. Site managers and other experienced volunteers will teach participants every skill needed for the day’s build tasks. Lunch will be provided as well as t-shirts (priority given in order of registration).
Event location: 208 Allen Street, Elmira, NY
Event parking: Elmira High School
- Please use the school parking lot as street parking is restricted. 208 Allen Street is across the street from the Elmira High School.
- 8:15 Sign-in
- 8:35 Opening Remarks
- 8:45 Lowe’s clinics
- 9:00 Start work
- noon Lunch provided by Applebee’s Restaurant
- 2:00 Event wrap-up and sign-out
What to wear:
- Closed-toe shoes (you do not need steel-toed shoes)
- Old clothes (you will get dirty)
- Feel free to bring your own work gloves
Work that we will be doing:
- Deconstruction (removal of trim and paneling, opening up front porch, removal of kitchen cupboards, removal of bathroom fixtures, etc.)
If you have any questions, please call (607) 734-1361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The event will be held RAIN or SHINE (or snow)!
Proceeds will benefit our home build projects!
Full details available at http://www.chemungcountyhabitat.org/women-build.
- People Skills
- Home Repair
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Approx 4 hours, but volunteers welcome all day!
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.