Join our Blue Faery Board
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
Blue Faery is seeking four new board members with accounting, business, information technology, law, marketing/advertising/PR, pharmaceutical, or public services/administration experience. Blue Faery holds elections during our December meeting, and each board member serves for two years with the option of running for reelection when their term expires.
Blue Faery board members are expected to
- To attend board meetings regularly (Per Blue Faery’s bylaws, regular meetings of directors shall be held on the first Sunday of each even month plus the first Sunday in January at 5:00 p.m. PST via conference for a total of seven meetings during a calendar year.)
- To serve on at least one committee
- To make an annual financial contribution to Blue Faery
- To stay informed about issues and participate fully in the governance of the organization
- To participate in Blue Faery fundraising activities by attending special events and providing prospective donor contacts
- To communicate the benefits of Blue Faery’s programs to friends and other members of the community
- To not participate in board deliberations when a conflict of interest exists
- To be passionate about the prevention, treatment and cure of primary liver cancer; experience in healthcare and nonprofits is a plus!
- Strategic Planning
- Capacity Planning
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 30
- Up to 8 hours per month
- *Attend seven board meetings per year, *Serve on one committee, *Give an annual contribution