We believe that every dog and cat, no matter their age, medical need, or behavioral issue, deserves a loving forever home. These hard-to-place animals tend to be overlooked in shelters and rescues across the country, and that’s why we started Core Paws. We provide a free service to 501c3 shelters, rescues, and municipal shelters - to showcase these animals on one central website.
Do you share our belief about animals? Are you technical, creative with great attention to detail? We are currently looking for a Volunteer Website Administrator to join our current Web Admin team. You will be joining a team of savvy digital marketers whose main mission is to help hard-to-place homeless animals across the nation gain the exposure and awareness needed to find a forever family.
As a Website Administrator you will email directly with our rescue and shelter partners, and will add new hard-to-place animals onto our website. You will also remove animals from our website when they are adopted. Copyediting of the bios sent to us and resizing of the animal's images is also required.
Each Web Admin is in charge of one specific day throughout the week, where he/she will dedicate time to updating our website with new animals that have been sent to Core Paws. The current need we are looking to fill is Wednesday/Thursday.
- Communication skills necessary: we need someone who is quick with email as our web team is virtual and located across the nation, being a good communicator is one of the most important factors of this position. You will be e-mailing with our rescue/shelter partners and more
- Understanding of WordPress or CMS systems (our website is on a custom Wordpress theme). This is a requirement, you must have previous technical experience or be good with CMS systems.
- Photoshop Skills (or photo editing skills such as pixlr.com, to crop animal images to correct size for website)
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to edit animal bios for flow, grammar/tone (general writing ability)
- Understanding of digital technology (example: Google Drive, etc)
- Works well on a team (even if you are virtual, you will be a part of our web team, thus we need someone who enjoys working with others)
- Positive Attitude
Once chosen, our Website Administrator will get thorough training on the process of using our website and uploading content/removing content. Please visit our website at: www.corepaws.com to familiarize yourself with our cause. If this volunteer position is something that you would excel in, we would absolutely love to hear from you! Please submit your interest with a comment about why this volunteer position sticks out to you and why our movement for hard-to-place homeless animals is near to your heart. Thanks so much for being an advocate for animal rescue and our movement for hard-to-place homeless animals.
- People Skills
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Website Project Management
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours/week (flexible)