Become our Public Relations Committee Chair
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
Blue Faery seeks an experienced public relations professional who would like to give his or her time to a small, but dedicated, nonprofit organization. He/she should have a degree in public relations, communications, journalism, or a related field. Experience can substitute for formal education. The Chair can expect to spend approximately eight hours per month on Blue Faery activities.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Draft press releases using AP style with perfect grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Respond to requests for information from the media or choose appropriate person to fulfill the task.
- Establish and maintain relationships with parties who can further Blue Faery’s mission.
- Identify and arrange PR/promotional opportunities (e.g., public appearances, interviews, lectures, conferences)
- Hold monthly meetings, which includes writing an agenda and keeping minutes. Meetings may be conducted in-person, by telephone, or via email.
- Manage and recruit committee members including giving assignments and monitoring progress.
- Report to the board of directors regarding PR activities.*
- Plan short and long-term goals and objectives for the committee.
*There are seven board meetings per year; they are typically the first Sunday of every even month plus January. Meetings may be moved for holidays, but they are always on Sunday and usually start at 5 p.m. PST.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 30
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 8 hours per month