Brave Step is seeking a digital communications volunteer to assist the nonprofit in its mission to strengthen men and women impacted by sexual abuse.
The volunteer will manage Brave Step’s social channels and website to drive awareness and engagement. As a young organization, it’s essential that the volunteer can play an active role in the growth of Brave Step’s program through creative communication tactics.
Hours: 1-2 hours a week, ideally.
Location: Work can be conducted from a home or work place office.
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize creativity and a sharp communications perspective to communicate a sensitive issue that moves people to action.
- Collaborate with Brave Step’s team to communicate key initiatives, special events, etc. on various social media channels and the website.
- Develop and deploy Brave Step’s social media program that positions it as a leader in this space.
- Maintain and evolve Brave Step’s website, ensuring that the content is current and relevant to our various audiences.
- Initiative, the desire to build relationships, influence the community and a passion for our cause is necessary.
- Excellent writing skills also are essential.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing, or Public Relations, from an accredited college or university; or, the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years of work experience in digital communications, media relations, and/or public affairs required, five (5) or more years strongly preferred.
- Excellent writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills and attention to detail when reviewing and editing written materials.
- Strong digital/social media relations skills required.
- Familiarity with a web content management system a plus.
Submit a resume and explanation of interest to Brave Step at email@example.com.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Website Project Management
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- 1-2 hours a week