Every April thousands of volunteer canvassers participate in the Daffodil Campaign in communities across Canada because they believe passionately in the mission of the Canadian Cancer Society. April is the month to fight back and an opportunity to show people living with cancer that they are not alone.
The Canadian Cancer Society is currently seeking motivated, enthusiastic Area Captains for Metro Vancouver and North Vancouver to coordinate and engage approximately 5-10 Zone Captains during the Daffodil Campaign in April.
The Area Captain helps maintain team enthusiasm throughout the campaign and ensures Zone Captains have all the tools they need to conduct the campaign. Area Captains distribute materials, answer any questions from their canvassers during the campaign, and fulfill some zone responsibilities if required.
- Learnnew leadership and team building skills
- Gainvaluable fundraising, and non-profit campaign experience
- Connectwith your community and help make the Daffodil Month campaign a success
- Supportthe campaign with a short-term commitment and flexible hours
- Connect as required with Zone Captains to replenish supplies and receive updates
- Maintain records with accurate and complete detail
- Develop clear goals for you, as well as your team and communicate progress
- Adhere to the fundraising and ethical standards within the Canadian Cancer Society’s guidelines
- Participate in Volunteer Orientation and Project Debrief
We welcome people of all backgrounds, abilities and interests.
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Volunteer Handbook: provided by the Volunteer Engagement team along with the opportunity to participate in an orientation session that will include an overview of the Canadian Cancer Society’s history, service, events and volunteer program, as well as a chance to discuss year-round opportunities.
- Role-specific training: with the addition of online resources available for review
- Schedule Flexibility: we will do our best to accommodate a schedule that meets your availability
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have reliable access to a car
- Existing knowledge of our door to door campaign, and/or a willingness to participate in training
- Experience in leading volunteers would be highly beneficial
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Must be able to commit to 1-2 hours bi-weekly from mid-March until mid-May
- Must be available at the end of the campaign to return the materials for their area to the Community Coordinator
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment