Every April thousands of volunteer canvassers participate in the Daffodil Campaign in communities across Canada because they believe passionately in the mission of the Canadian Cancer Society. April is the month to fight back and an opportunity to show people living with cancer that they are not alone.
The Canadian Cancer Society is currently seeking energetic, passionate, and outgoing volunteer canvassers to be the face of the Canadian Cancer Society in communities and workplaces during the Daffodil Campaign.
Canvassers have a great passion for the fight for life, and are able to go door to door in their communities or collect donations either in person or through online giving pages from their friends, family, co-workers, clubs or associations.
- Support the campaign with a short-term commitment and flexible hours
- Gain valuable fundraising and non-profit campaign experience
- Connect with your community, neighbors, colleagues, friends, and family
- Connect with potential supporters and encourage them to get involved in the campaign by donating
- Maintain detailed records of communications and donations
- Communicate as required with Area Captains to replenish supplies and provide updates
- Adhere to the fundraising and ethical standards within the Canadian Cancer Society’s guidelines
- Participate in Volunteer Orientation and Project Debrief
We welcome people of all backgrounds, abilities and interests.
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Volunteer Handbook: provided by the Volunteer Engagement team along with the opportunity to participate in an orientation session that will include an overview of the Canadian Cancer Society’s history, service, events and volunteer program, as well as a chance to discuss year-round opportunities.
- Role-specific training: with the addition of online resources available for review
- Schedule Flexibility: we will do our best to accommodate a schedule that meets your availability
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Passion for the fight against cancer
- Existing knowledge of our door to door campaign, and/or a willingness to participate in training
- Comfortable approaching residents in your neighborhood (or a nearby neighborhood), friends & family and/or workplace colleagues to request donations, while raising awareness about the Canadian Cancer Society
- Available to commit to 1-3 door to door shifts during the month of April, for between one and two hours each time. Weekends or in the early evening is recommended.
To apply, please visit our website at www.cancervolunteer.ca and search for " door to door canvasser" and select the appropriate community, or email us at email@example.com
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment