Are you a team player looking for an opportunity to make a positive impact in your community? Help the Canadian Cancer Society’s Daffodil Campaign in the fight against cancer.
Funds raised through the sale of pins and fresh daffodils during the Daffodil Campaign will lead crucial cancer prevention initiatives, fund lifesaving research, and deliver trusted information and compassionate support to people living with cancer and their caregivers. April is the month to fight back!
Outreach Volunteers actively engage and encourage the public to give donations in exchange for pins and flowers.
The designated locations for these street teams are:
Kerr Street YIG (7190 Kerr Street, Vancouver)
Davie Street YIG (1255 Davie Street, Vancouver)
Arbutus YIG City Market (3113 Arbutus Street, Vancouver)
- Meet new people and have fun!
- Join a team of enthusiastic and interesting people
- Attend a variety of community events and interact with community members
- Truly make a difference in the lives of people living with cancer by helping to raise funds and build community awareness for cancer research, cancer prevention, and the Canadian Cancer Society support programs and services
- Play an integral role in supporting the mission, vision, and values of the Canadian Cancer Society
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation and Volunteer Handbook
- Role specific information as needed, and ongoing support from the Daffodil Campaign Team
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Energetic and outgoing
- Comfortable interacting with the public
- Able to motivate others
- Creative thinker with problem solving skills
- Flexible and eager to get involved
- Reliable and dependable
We encourage you to participate in 2 or more volunteer shifts from the following:
- Evenings between March 16 and March 30
- Saturday, March 18
- Sunday, March 19
- Saturday, March 25
- Sunday, March 26
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment