The Story Bank Intern will assist the Community Outreach Coordinator in gathering and organizing story leads, consents, and other related duties with the purpose of developing material for health care advocacy. Through this internship, the Intern will gain experience in direct community engagement among mostly vulnerable populations. The intern will strengthen their abilities to work with a diverse population of varying socioeconomic, educational, and other backgrounds. This Intern will also practice their organizational abilities, as the Intern will work closely with the Community Outreach Coordinator to identify best systems for organizing and utilizing the Story Bank Database. Overall, this internship will focus on how an organization executes health care advocacy efforts in a real-time setting.
Internship Projects / Role Description:
- Learn about the previous and current state of the Affordable Care Act and the implications of losing the health care advances that come with that - training will be provided.
- Assist the Community Outreach Coordinator in scanning and organizing all hard-copies of Story Banking documents.
- Assist the Community Outreach Coordinator with inputting participants’ demographics and story lead information into the Story Bank Database.
Optional Involvement (when time permits):
- Assist the Community Outreach Coordinator in representing Venice Family Clinic at local community events, which may be during the work week or on weekends.
- Have the ability to quickly pick-up new and evolving information.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Have the ability to ask personal questions related to health insurance status, potential medical illnesses, and more.
- Have keen attention to detail and be able to input information accurately.
- Be able to concisely and accurately summarize story lead information into Database.
We generally ask that interns commit at least 8 hours per week. This internship is not paid but may be taken for course credit if appropriate. If you are interested in this role, please email your resume and availability to Cassie Roque at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data Entry
- Patient Care
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- At least 8 hours per week
- Spanish-speaking volunteers preferred