Development volunteers will support the Development Team by performing administrative duties. The Development office is responsible for all aspects of fundraising from individuals and corporations, in addition to securing grant funding. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in fundraising and clerical work!
Assist with large solicitation mailings
Filing and maintaining donor records
Help the Development Team with special events
Reliable and trustworthy
Good communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
Raiser’s Edge knowledge a plus
Training: Training is provided by the Development team on an on-going basis.
Schedule: Hours and days will vary due to project deadlines. This is an intermittent, as-needed position.
Please visit marylandsciencecenter.org for further information and application forms!
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Bus Greeter
- IMAX Theater Usher: Volunteer...
- Kids Room Educational Materials...
- Exhibits Assistants: Great...
- Kids Room Educator: Teach, learn...
- Planetarium eBay Specialist
- SciLab Assistant: Help young...
- Development Assistant
- Lobby Ambassador
- Exhibit Fabricator and Finisher:...
- Archives Assistant: Photograph...
- Exhibit Facilitators: Assist MSC...
- Ticket Agent
- Camp-In Volunteer
- Exhibits Prototyper and Fabricator
- Science Educators! Inspire the...
- Science Store Cashier
- Group Mailings: Help MSC stay...
- Observatory Assistant:Share your...
- Traveling Science Media Assistant